Advanced Care for Your Heart
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. That’s why taking care of your heart and properly managing risk factors is vitally important.
At Northwest Physicians Group, we have cardiologists with years of experience who can help identify your risk of developing heart disease and diagnose any conditions you may already have. If you have heart disease, we will help treat it. If you don’t have heart disease, we will help you keep it that way.
Our heart doctors have been serving the people of Northwest Texas for many years. They have established themselves as leaders in the field of cardiology, and they bring that expertise to every patient they treat.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment at our Northwest Lake View Cardiology clinic, please call 806-410-1992
Risk Factors for Heart Disease
High blood pressure and cholesterol levels, family history, physical inactivity and unhealthy eating can lead to heart attack, coronary heart disease and diseases of the circulatory system. If you have diabetes, you are at higher risk for developing heart disease.
Common risk factors for heart disease include:
- High cholesterol (hyperlipidemia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Physical inactivity
- Family history of heart disease
- Heavy use of tobacco products and/or alcohol
Cardiovascular Conditions Treated
You can receive advanced treatment for a wide range of heart and cardiovascular conditions at Northwest Physicians Group. Common conditions we treat include:
- Angina – Chest pain caused when there isn’t enough blood flow to the heart.
- Arrhythmia – An irregular heartbeat, either too slow, too fast or inconsistent.
- Cardiomyopathy – A condition that affects the heart muscle and can lead to heart failure.
- Congenital Heart Disease – Any abnormality in the heart’s structure caused by a birth defect.
- Congestive Heart Failure – Occurs when the heart does not pump blood efficiently.
- Coronary Artery Disease – Occurs when plaque builds up in the arteries, causing the blood vessels to narrow.
- Heart Valve Disease – Symptoms consist of fatigue, shortness of breath, heartbeat irregularity and dizziness/fainting.
- Hyperlipidemia – When your blood has too many lipids (fats), which can lead to blockages in the arteries.
- Hypertension – High blood pressure, which can cause stroke or heart disease if left untreated.
- Pericarditis – Swelling of the heart’s thin membrane, which causes sudden chest pain.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease – Occurs when the arteries that carry blood to the legs are narrowed or blocked.
- Peripheral Venous Disease – Causes blood to flow backwards in the veins.
Diagnosing Heart Disease
We offer a wide range of diagnostic services for all types of cardiovascular diseases and conditions. These tests help our physicians detect issues and create an individualized treatment plan.
- Arterial scans
- Carotid duplex
- Color doppler studies
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter and event monitor
- Nuclear medicine
- Pacemaker clinic
- Tilt test
- Venous duplex examination
Cardiovascular Services and Treatment
Our cardiologists provide a complete range of services to treat and manage your heart disease, including:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac monitor implant
- Coronary atherectomy brachytherapy
- Coronary balloon angioplasty and stent placement
- Defibrillator and pacemaker implants
- Electrophysiology studies and ablation
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation
- Intra-coronary ultrasound
- Peripheral vascular catheterization and intervention
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Venous vein ablation